Practical Advice for a Smooth Senior Downsize
When You Need to Sell and Buy a Home
- First things first: You need a skilled and dedicated real estate agent like Jennifer Fieo in the Tampa area to help you through selling and buying a home.
- While the process looks a little different, you can still sell your home during the COVID-19 pandemic. It really comes down to embracing technology and taking extra precautions.
- Mortgage rates are historically low at the moment, which means it might be the perfect time to buy a home, especially if you opt for an adjustable-rate mortgage.
- If you’re a veteran, there are a number of options for financial assistance when it comes to getting a mortgage.
- If you’re struggling with choosing a new location, consider renting a vacation home to get a feel for different Tampa neighborhoods.
When You Need to Downsize Your Belongings
One of the most challenging parts of downsizing is paring down your belongings, especially when you’re working with decades’ worth of sentimental items.
- The first part of downsizing your things is decluttering; take inventory of all your belongings so that you can determine what to do with each item.
- Take a moment with the sentimental items so that you can process any emotions and move on with your downsize.
- Also, don’t be afraid to ask for help from family members and/or close friends.
When You Need to Move
In order for moving day to go smoothly, you need to make sure you’re well prepared.
- Moving day will be a breeze if you take the time to pack efficiently.
- Be sure to plan your move well in advance, break the process up into manageable tasks, and evaluate your new living space so that you will know what to take with you.
- Though it requires an investment, hiring a dependable professional moving service can make your moving experience much less stressful.